To be honest, I don't go much further than baking the perfect cake, so when I found this extremely easy recipe for fudge, I just couldn't resist trying it!!! Turns out that it was total success, now I just can't stop making it...
2 tbsp butter, plis a bit extra
250g of plain chocolate broken into pieces, Cadbury's chocolate is good
4 tbsp evaporated milk
450g icing sugar sifted
you can also add, if you want...
roughly chopped hazelnuts
1. lightly grease a rectangular baking tray
2. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl with the butter and evaporated milk and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until the chocolate and butter have melted and the mixture is well balanced.
3. remove the bowl from the heat and gradually beat in the icing sugar. Stir in the hazelnuts and sultanas. This is the longest part and can take a while. But don't worry if it looks a mess, it will come together eventually to make an almost playdo like substance.
4. press the fudge into the prepared tin and smooth the top. A tip to smooth the top is by using a rolling pin. Chill in the fridge until firm. 3-4 hours should do.
5. Tip the fudge out onto a chopping board and cut into squares and voila! FUDGE!!!
Hope you enjoy tucking into your yummy home made fudge...