There have been quite a few 'clothes' posts so I thought this week I would do a recipe from my little recipe book that I got a while ago. It has everything in there from making shortbread, to roasting lamb and even how to make the perfect bacon buttie!
Grandma's Simple Scones
450g/1 lb plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp baking powder
55g/2 oz butter
2 tbsp caster sugar
250 ml milk
3 tbsp milk for glazing
strawberry jam and clotted cream for serving
1. preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius/425 Fahrenheit/gas mark 7
2. sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar
3. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk. Stir in using a palette knife and make a soft dough
4. turn the mixture onto a floured surface and lightly flatten the dough until it is of an even thickness, about 1 cm.
5. use a pastry cutter to cut out the scones and place on a greased baking tray
6. glaze with some milk and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden and well risen!!
7. wait to cool (if you can) then, well...you know what to do!!!
(Sorry about the spelling)
|If only my scones looked like this...|
Picture of the week maybe??
|Thought it looked nice, just lucky I had my camera at hand!!|
Love Hannah xxx