1 tsp vanilla extract
225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 banana, extra, to decorate
Fresh lemon juice, to brush
Cream cheese frosting :
125g cream cheese, at room temperature
50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
230g (1 1/2 cups) icing sugar mixture
1 1/2 tsp buttermilk-or full fat milk
Serve it warm -it really is heaven,one slice may lead to another i know it did for me ! Switch on some music,sing along , and have a good dance .
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a round 20cm (base measurement) loaf tin with melted butter to grease. Line the base and side of the pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar, banana, eggs and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor, and process for 2 minutes or until well combined. Add the buttermilk and process until combined.
- Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda, and process until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Shake the pan to settle the mixture. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly, before transferring the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the cream cheese frosting, use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese and butter in a bowl until well combined. Add the icing sugar and beat until well combined. Add the buttermilk and beat until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Place the cake on a serving plate. Spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the cake.